Give traditional recipe a little twist and take the crumbly shortbread cookies to the next level. These matcha-infused cookies are mildly sweet, and the semi-sweet chocolate chips will add a little flavour diversity.
1 lb Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
1 cup Confectioners Sugar
1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1 tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Salt
4 cups All-purpose Flour
3 tbsp Whisk Matcha Everyday Grade
1. Cream butter in a bowl, and beat in confectioners sugar
2. Sift together flour, matcha powder and salt, add to butter mixture; mix until just incorporated. Add vanilla extract and chocolate chips, and mix well.
3. Divide cookie dough into 5 pieces, and wrap each piece in plastic film; use a sushi mat to form the cookie dough. Transfer to baking sheet, chill until firm, at least 30 mins.
4. Heat oven to 300 degrees
5. Remove plastic film and cut into desired shapes; transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet
6. Bake for 12 minutes. Baking time may vary depending on cookie's size.
7. Transfer to cooling rack until completely cool.
Now snap a photo, post and share #whiskmatcha #matchawhisker @whiskmatcha